betty crocker cookies, but vegan
- 2/3 C melted coconut oil
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2/3 C oat milk*
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/2 C AP flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP salt
- anywhere from a couple handfuls to a whole bag of chocolate chips (check that they're vegan if it matters)
- -preheat the oven to 350º F
- -beat together sugar and coconut oil, then add oat milk and vanilla
- -in a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- -gradually add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- -use a spoon to portion balls of cookie dough & roll in hands. place dough balls a couple inches apart on cookie sheets (about 12 per sheet). either lightly oil the sheet or line with parchment.
- -bake 10-14 minutes. they're done when slightly browned, or whenever you want them to be.
*i find that oat milk is the best milk substitute for baking, but you can use whatever you want.